Specific responsibilities include:
- Implementation of USAF Animal Care and Use policies
- Review of animal use proposals and protocols
- Evaluation for compliance with USAF and Department of Defense policies and other applicable standards
- Reporting of USAF animal use
- Site visits to institutions receiving USAF support and funding
USAF and the DoD animal use policy applies to any live vertebrate animal that is being used or is intended for use in a DoD animal care and use program, or to any recipient of a USAF-managed contract or grant.