This Month in AFMS History: The air transportable “Flying Lung"

The “flying lung” designed at the U.S. Air Force School of Aviation Medicine in 1952. A flight nurse adjusts and prepares to disconnect the battery used during transport from the hospital to the aircraft, January 29, 1953. Once aboard, the pressure pump plugged directly into the plane’s electrical system to power the flying lung during flight. (Photo courtesy of National Archives and Records Administration)

PHOTO BY: Air Force Medical Service History Office
VIRIN: 180706-F-FT687-001.JPG
FULL SIZE: 1.69 MB
Additional Details

No camera details available.

IMAGE IS PUBLIC DOMAIN

Read More

This photograph is considered public domain and has been cleared for release. If you would like to republish please give the photographer appropriate credit. Further, any commercial or non-commercial use of this photograph or any other DoD image must be made in compliance with guidance found at https://www.dimoc.mil/resources/limitations, which pertains to intellectual property restrictions (e.g., copyright and trademark, including the use of official emblems, insignia, names and slogans), warnings regarding use of images of identifiable personnel, appearance of endorsement, and related matters.