Chief Master Sergeant Dawn M. Kolczynski is the Chief, Medical Enlisted Force and Enlisted Corps Chief, Office of the Surgeon General, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. and also serves as the first Chief, Medical Enlisted Force of the United States Space Force. Chief Kolczynski is the personal advisor to the Air and Space Force Surgeon General on all issues regarding the welfare, readiness, morale and proper utilization and progression for the 34,000 Total Force medical enlisted community. As such, she defines, shapes and executes health care policy in support of 45,000 personnel at 75 military treatment facilities with a $6.3 billion budget. She ensures a cost effective, patient-centered and prevention-based health care continuum for 2.6 million beneficiaries worldwide, and fosters strategic partnerships with senior enlisted leaders at DoD/ASD (Health Affairs), Veterans Affairs, federal agencies, academia and allied medical services.
Her professional background includes various duties in Bioenvironmental Engineering, Section Chief, Plans and Programs and a four-year assignment with NATO as the Superintendent, Safety and Health Branch where she developed and executed Safety and Health plans for HQ AIRCOM, Joint Force Air Component and NATO Response Force ensuring stringent compliance with host nation safety and health directives. She also served in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Unified Protector and Operation Enduring Freedom as Theater Bioenvironmental Engineering Functional Manager, Combined Air and Space Operations Center, Air Force Central Command.
1999 Airman Leadership School, Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M.
2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2008 Associate Degree, Bioenvironmental Engineering Technology, CCAF
2008 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education
2011 Bachelor’s Degree, Occupational Safety and Health, Columbia Southern University
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter AFB, Ala.
1. June 1995 - July 1995, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. July 1995 - December 1995, Student, Bioenvironmental Engineering Apprentice Course, Brooks AFB, Texas
3. January 1996 - October 1999, Bioenvironmental Engineering Journeyman, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
4. October 1999 - March 2004, NCOIC, Industrial Hygiene Element, Bioenvironmental Engineering Flight, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
5. March 2004 - March 2007, NCOIC, Bioenvironmental engineering Flight, Nellis AFB, Nev.
6. March 2007 - March 2008, Section Chief, Wing Plans and Programs, 99th Air Base Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
7. March 2008 - June 2009, NCOIC, Bioenvironmental Engineering Flight, Nellis AFB, Nev.
8. June 2009 - June 2013, Superintendent, Safety and Health Branch, HQ AIRCOM, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
9. July 2013 - July 2014, Superintendent, 436th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
10. July 2014 - July 2015, Superintendent, 87th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, Joint Base McGuire-Dix- Lakehurst, N.J.
11. August 2015 - December 2016, Superintendent, 355th Medical Group, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
12. January 2017 - April 2018, Superintendent, 11th Medical Group, Joint Base-Andrews, Md.
13. April 2019 - July 2020, Chief, Medical Operations and Research, Office of the Surgeon General, Falls Church, Va.
14. August 2020 - Present, Chief, Medical Enlisted Force, Office of the Air and Space Force Surgeon General, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
NATO Medal, Operation Unified Protector
Senior Airman Below the Zone, 1997
NCO of the Year, 99th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev., 2006
NCO of the Year, 99th Medical Group, Nellis AFB, Nev., 2008
SNCO Bioenvironmental Engineer of the Year, 2009
SNCO of the Year, Headquarters Allied Air Command, Ramstein AB, Germany, 2010
SNCO of the Year, Headquarters Allied Air Command, Ramstein AB, Germany, 2012
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant December 1, 2014
(Current as of December 2020)