Requirements of Civilian Medical Students
Before You Arrive: (6-12 months prior to your rotation)
- Rotation Request: Ask your school to submit a Rotation Request to David Grant USAF Medical Center Clerkship. A Training Affiliation Agreement must be current between DGMC and your organization. You will be notified by email when the Rotation Request has been approved. This process usually takes less than two weeks.
- Upon approval, the Graduate Medical Education Clerkship Coordinator will be in touch regarding next steps in the process. Requirements may include:
- Base Access Applications (prepare to submit driver’s license and POV registration / insurance); if available, please have a state "Real ID" to assist base access request
- Fingerprints on Travis Air Force Base
- Security Background Investigation
- Copies of BLS card and current immunizations
- Online military training (cyber security, HIPAA and others)
- Orientation: GME orientation is held Monday at 7:30 a.m. unless otherwise notified. Report to David Grant USAF Medical Center, 101 Bodin Circle, Travis Air Force Base, California 94535, north (main) entrance lobby. Nearby staff parking lots are located on the north side the facility.
- Plan to spend the entire day in orientation/hospital in-processing.
- Attire: Military members should report in the uniform of the day: OCPs. Military not on an ADT Rotation may wear civilian attire. Civilians may wear business casual. If your program prescribes the wear of scrubs or lab coats, you will be notified.
- Out-Processing Checklist: The document can be found in your orientation folder. Start with release from your preceptor and work down the checklist in order
- Clerkship Coordinator: Final stop to GME where you turn in your completed Out-Processing Checklist, rotation survey and your DGMC badge.