Requirements of Military Medical Students
Before You Arrive:
- Rotation Request: Ask your school to submit a Rotation Request to David Grant USAF Medical Center Clerkship. You will be notified by email when the request has been approved. This process usually takes less than two weeks.
- (i) ADT Status: Upon approval, request orders for your rotation dates.
- (ii) Non-ADT Status (civilian): A training affiliation agreement must be current between DGMC and your school. Many schools are already affiliated, but the Graduate Medical Education Office may request additional information. For questions, please call the Clerkship Office.
- Obtain a Department of Defense Common Access Card if you do not already have one: This can be a lengthy process, but it must be done before arriving for your rotation. Students arriving without CAC cards should expect hospital systems access to be delayed 5-7 days.
- Arrange for Lodging: For those traveling on orders, please call 707-424-8000 to reserve billeting on Travis Air Force Base. If space is not available on base, obtain a Non-Availability Statement from billeting. To avoid incurring personal expense, do not rent a car unless you have prior approval annotated on your orders.
- In-Processing Checklist: Upon rotation approval, the GME Clerkship Coordinator will provide detailed instructions on providing the required in-processing documents.
- Orientation: GME orientation is held on Monday at 7:30 a.m. unless otherwise notified. Report to David Grant USAF Medical Center, 101 Bodin Circle, Travis Air Force Base, California 94535, north (main) entrance lobby. Nearby staff parking lots are located on the north side the facility.
- Plan to spend the entire day in orientation/hospital in-processing.
- Attire: Military members should report in the uniform of the day: OCPs. Military not on an ADT Rotation may wear civilian attire. Civilians may wear business casual. If your program prescribes the wear of scrubs or lab coats, you will be notified.
- Out-Processing Checklist: The document can be found in your orientation folder. Start with release from your preceptor and work down the checklist in order.
- Clerkship Coordinator: Final stop to GME where you turn in your completed Out-Processing Checklist and your DGMC badge.