Colonel Terri L. Bailey is the Command Surgeon, Air Force District of Washington, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland. AFDW is the Air Force Component to the Joint Forces Headquarters-National Capital Region and is responsible for organizing, training and equipping combat forces for aerospace expeditionary forces, homeland operations, civil support, national special security events and ceremonial events. AFDW also provides major- command-level support for 33,000 military and civilian personnel assigned worldwide.
Colonel Bailey earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from Eastern Kentucky University and received a direct commission into the Air Force while working as a clinical nurse at Mt. Sinai Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio. She has worked in a variety of operational, education and training, and leadership positions as an active duty and Reserve officer, as well as a civilian nurse. Her experiences include inpatient, outpatient, staff development, aeromedical evacuation, operating room, recovery
room, emergency room, executive officer, protocol officer, chief nurse, squadron and group commander, as well as deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan.
1987 Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, Ky.
1993 Staff Development School, School of Health Care Sciences, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Masters of Arts in Human Resources/Personnel Management, Webster University
1999 Flight Nurse School, School of Aerospace Medicine, Brooks AFB, Texas
2003 Air Command and Staff College, Seminar
2007 Air War College, by correspondence
2011 Masters in Strategic Studies, Air War College, Residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Interagency Institute for Healthcare Executives, Washington D.C.
2014 Joint Task Force Commander Training Course, NORTHCOM, Colo.
2014 Medical Joint Planners Course, Washington D.C.
2014 Combat Skills Training Course, Joint Base MDL, N.J.
2014 Escape & Conduct After Capture Course, San Antonio, Texas
2015 CAPSTONE for Medical Healthcare Executive, Washington D.C.
1. October 1989 - January 1993, Clinical Nurse, Multi-Service Unit, 45th Medical Group, Patrick AFB, Fla.
2. January 1993 - August 1994, Staff Development Officer, Education & Training, 27th Medical Group, Cannon AFB, N.M.
3. October 1997 - May 1999, Education & Training Officer, Education & Training, 375th Medical Group, Scott AFB, Ill.
4. May 1999 - June 2000, Group Executive Officer, 375th Medical Group, Scott AFB, Ill.
5. June 2000 - January 2001, Chief, Wing Protocol, 375th Airlift Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
6. January 2001 - January 2002, Chief, In-Flight Medical Equipment, 374th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan
7. January 2002 - June 2003, Flight Commander, Mission Support Flight, 374th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
8. June 2003 - January 2004, Flight Commander, Operations Flight, 374th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
9. January 2004 - January 2005, Primary Care Element Leader/Nurse Manager, Primary Care Clinic, 6th Medical Operations Squadron, MacDill AFB, Fa.
10. August 2004 - January 2005, Deputy Commander/Chief Nurse Executive, 332d Contingency Aeromedical Staging Facility, Balad AB, Iraq
11. January 2005 - October 2005, Flight Commander, Primary Care Clinic, 6th Medical Operations Squadron, MacDill AFB, Fla.
12. October 2005 - June 2006, Director of Operations, 6th Medical Operations Squadron, MacDill AFB, Fla.
13. June 2006 - June 2008, Chief Nurse Executive/Air Force Space Command Education and Training Consultant, 45th Medical Group, Patrick AFB, Fla.
14. June 2008 - July 2010, Commander, 43d Medical Operations Squadron/Chief Nurse Executive, 43d Medical Operations Group, Pope AFB, N.C.
15. July 2010 - May 2011, Student, Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
16. June 2011 - June 2013, Commander, 18th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
17. July 2014 - February 2015, ISAF/RS Theater Surgeon/Medical Advisor & Chief, Combined Joint Medical, Kabul, Afghanistan
18. July 2013 - July 2015, Commander, 319th Medical Group, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
19. July 2015 - July 2017, HQ PACAF Chief, Medical Force Development/AE Support & Command Nurse
20. July 2017 - May 2018, HQ PACAF Chief, Medical Operations Division/Command Nurse
21. May 2018 – July 2020, HQ AFSPC Deputy Command Surgeon/Command Nurse
22. July 2020 – Present, Command Surgeon, Air Force District of Washington, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2004 332d Expeditionary Air Wing Sharpe Sabre Team Award
2007 Military Health Systems Health Innovations Program Award
2007 AFSPC Major General Barbara C. Brannon Nursing Leadership Award
2008 43d Medical Group Squadron of the Year; 43d Airlift Wing Squadron of the Year
2008 Air Mobility Command Clinic of the Year; Air Force Medical Service Clinic of the Year
2009 43d Medical Group Squadron of the Year
2009 Air Mobility Command Clinic of the Year
2009 Air Mobility Command Maj General Barbara Brannon Nursing Leadership Award
2009 Air Force Medical Service Maj General Barbara Brannon Nursing Leadership Award
2012 Mobility Air Force Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron of the Year
2013 Air Mobility Command Best Ambulatory Clinic Patient Safety Program
Rating: Senior Flight Nurse Flight
Aircraft: C-9, C-17, C-141, KC 135, C-130
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War of Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, January 1989
First Lieutenant, January 1991
Captain, January 1993
Major, February 2002
Lieutenant Colonel, November 2007
Colonel, March 2012
(Current as of May 2021)