Colonel Jeannine M. Ryder is the Command Surgeon for Air Force Materiel Command, Wright- Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. As the principle medical advisor to the AFMC Commander, she is responsible for promoting the health and well-being of more than 80,000 military and civilian personnel, implementing safe, high quality healthcare services, and leading execution of the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General’s medical policies and programs for seven military treatment facilities and the 711th Human Performance Wing. She ensures the 5,600 medical personnel are ready to deploy and able to provide robust medical contingency response while supporting more than 376,000 TRICARE and Department of Veterans Affairs beneficiaries. This also includes overseeing environmental and occupational health support for AFMC’s industrial, research, development, testing, and evaluation missions, including medical aspects of AFMC’s nuclear and biological personnel reliability programs. Her staff also promotes career force development and clinical skills sustainment for all AFMC medical personnel.
Colonel Ryder is a 1991 graduate of Boston College, Massachusetts, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing. She has commanded at the flight, squadron, and group level in both deployed and in-garrison environments.
1991 Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Mass.
1997 Squadron Officer School, in residence
1998 Master of Science, Human Relations (concentration Human Resources), University of Oklahoma, Norman, Okla.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2005 Master of Arts and Science in Military Operations, Air University, Maxwell Air Force base, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College (Residence)
2008 Air War College, by correspondence
2012 Masters of Science in Strategic Studies, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Air War College, in residence
1. August 1991 - January 1992, Nurse Intern Program, Concentration in Obstetrics, Langley AFB, Va.
2. February 1992 - Februrary 1995, Clinical Nurse, Obstetrical Unit, 36th Medical Group, Bitburg Air Base/52nd Medical Group, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
3. March 1995 - September 1996, Clinical Nurse, Obstetrical Unit, 55th Medical Operations Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
4. September 1996 - July 1998, Deputy Commander, Education and Training Flight, 55th Medical Support Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
5. July 1998 - December 1999, Director, Education and Training, 78th Medical Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
6. December 1999 - July 2001, Deputy Director, Human Resources, 78th Medical Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
7. July 2001 - May 2003, Nurse Manager, Primary Care Team, 436th Medical Operations Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
8. June 2003 - July 2004, Pediatric Flight Commander, 436th Medical Operations Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
9. August 2004 - June 2005, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. May 2005 - June 2006, Deputy Director, Communication Studies Course I, Leadership Department, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. June 2006 - July 2007, Executive Officer to the Commandant, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. July 2007 - October 2008, Maternal-Child Flight Commander, 81st Inpatient Operations Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss. (deployed March-September 2008 Executive Officer/Aid-de-Camp, Combined Air Power Transition Force, Camp Eggers, Kabul, Afghanistan)
13. October 2008 - June 2009, Deputy Commander, 81st Inpatient Operations Squadron and Deputy Chief Nurse Executive, Keesler AFB, Miss.
14. June 2009 - June 2011, Commander, 75th Medical Operations Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
15. July 2011 - June 2012, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
16. July 2012 - May 2013, Chief, Strategic Medical Plans Division, Air Force Medical Service, Defense Health Headquarters, Falls Church, Va.
17. June 2013 - June 2014, Commander, 386th Expeditionary Medical Group, Southwest Asia
18. July 2014 - June 2016, Commander, 72d Medical Group, Tinker AFB, Okla.
19. June 2016 - June 2018, Commander 81st Medical Group, Keesler AFB, Miss.
20. July 2018 - Present, Command Surgeon, HQ AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster Bronze Star
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organization Excellence Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 17, 1991
First Lieutenant June 17, 1993
Captain June 17, 1995
Major October 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel October 1, 2008
Colonel July 1, 2012
(Current as of July 2018)