Colonel Christopher I. Patrick is Command Surgeon, Air Force District of Washington, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland. As principle medical advisor to the AFDW Commander, he leads a team of health care experts, providing guidance for force health readiness, protection, development and sustainment, and is responsible for formulating and executing medical policy supporting more than 30,000 military and civilian personnel assigned worldwide. Additionally, he advises the Commander, Air Force Forces, during contingency operations on operational health service support employment and execution, and guides implementation of Air Force Medical Service policy in the National Capital Region, supporting the Commander and senior leaders on strategic health care issues.
Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Patrick served as Commander, 27th Special Operations Medical Group, Cannon Air Force Base, New Mexico, where he led 325 personnel in the delivery of medical care for the 27th Special Operations Wing and a beneficiary population of 14,000 in eastern New Mexico and northwestern Texas.
Colonel Patrick was born in Titusville, Florida, and graduated from St John Lutheran High School in Ocala, Florida. He began his career by enlisting in the Air Force from 1987 through 1993, serving on both active duty and in the reserves while completing undergraduate and graduate degrees at Florida State University. In 1996, he was commissioned as a first lieutenant in the Biomedical Sciences Corps and holds the distinction of Board Certified Diplomate in Clinical Social Work. His career includes command and leadership positions at the flight, squadron, group, Major Command, and Headquarters Air Force levels, and he is an in-residence graduate of all echelons of professional military education.
1992 Bachelor of Science, Social Work, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
1993 Master of Social Work, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
2000 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Master of Operational Art & Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Intermediate Executive Skills, Air Force Medical Operations Agency, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
2014 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. January 1987 - February 1987, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. February 1987 - May 1987, Student, Inventory Management Specialist Course, Lowry AFB, Co.
3. June 1987 - August 1988, Material Control Specialist, 2006th Communications Squadron, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
4. August 1988 - April 1989, Aircraft Maintenance Supply Specialist, 834th Supply Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
5. April 1989 - May 1993, Supply Specialist, 919th Supply Squadron, Duke Field, Fla.
6. April 1996, Student, Military Indoctrination for Medical Service Officers, Gunter Annex, Ala.
7. April 1996 - June 1998, Chief, Social Services, 6th Medical Operations Squadron, MacDill AFB, Fla.
8. June 1998 - September 2000, Chief, Social Services, Naval Consolidated Brig, Miramar MCAS, Calif.
9. September 2000 - August 2002, Chief, Mental Health, 425th Air Base Squadron, Izmir AS, Turkey
10. August 2002 - July 2004, Mental Health Flight Commander, 314th Medical Operations Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
11. January 2003 - May 2003, Chief, Mental Health, 410th Expeditionary Medical Group, forward deployed location, Southwest Asia
12. May 2003 - July 2003, Chief, Mental Health, 379th Expeditionary Medical Group, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
13. July 2004 - June 2005, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
14. June 2005 - June 2009, Medical Inspector, Headquarters Air Force Inspection Agency, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
15. June 2009 - June 2011, Mental Health Flight Commander, 1st Special Operations Medical Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
16. June 2009 - July 2010, Chief, Mental Health, Headquarters Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
17. June 2011 - June 2013, Commander, 1st Special Operations Medical Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
18. July 2013 - May 2014, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
19. June 2014 - May 2017, Chief, Air Force Family Advocacy Program, Headquarters Air Force Medical Operations Agency, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
20. May 2017 - June 2019, Commander, 27th Special Operations Medical Group, Cannon AFB, N.M.
21. June 2019 - Present, Command Surgeon, Air Force District of Washington, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with six devices
Air Force Commendation Medal with one device
Meritorious Unit Award with two devices
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor with three devices
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with one device
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with one device
Headquarters Air Force Security Forces, Detachment 2, CGO of the Year, 1998 & 1999
Headquarters Air Force Security Forces Social Worker of the Year, 1999
425th Air Base Squadron Medical CGO of the Year, 2000 & 2001
United States Air Forces in Europe Social Worker of the Year, 2001
Headquarters Air Force Inspection Agency Medical Inspector of the Year, 2008
Air Force Behavioral Health Team of the Year, 2010
Air Force Special Operations Command Behavioral Health Team of the Year, 2010
Air Force Special Operations Command Biomedical Sciences Corps Team of the Year, 2011 & 2012
Air Force Special Operations Command Patient Centered Medical Home of the Year, 2011 & 2012
Air Force Special Operations Command Clinic of the Year, 2012
Air Force Special Operations Command Medical Home of the Year, 2017
Air Force Special Operations Command Medical Logistics Account of the Year, 2017
Air Force Special Operations Command Resource Management Team of the Year, 2017
Air Force Special Operations Command Dental Clinic of the Year, 2017 & 2018
Air Force Special Operations Command Patient Safety Program of the Year, 2018
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
First Lieutenant April 8, 1996
Captain October 24, 1996
Major April 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel November 1, 2009
Colonel November 1, 2016
(Current as of June 2019)