Take Command of Your Healthcare
TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging is an online service that allows patients to take command of their healthcare by offering efficient electronic exchange between patients and their healthcare team. Unlike their email accounts, it is compliant with Federal healthcare law.
The Many Uses of Secure Messaging
TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging allows patients to:
- Request their next appointment
- Request medication renewals
- Receive test and lab results
- Communicate online with the healthcare team about non-urgent symptoms
- Request a copy of their immunization records
- Accessing a large library of patient education materials
With TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging you can receive a variety of messages. These messages include provider-initiated messages, responses to your inquiries with advice on non-urgent matters, and reminder messages for appointments. TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging moves with you once you are registered in the system-no matter where the Air Force takes you.
Your healthcare team is dedicated to responding to all patient messages in a timely manner. The healthcare team will work to respond to all messages within 24 Business hours and generally seek resolution within a 72 hour timeframe. Please note that urgent messages should NOT be communicated via secure messaging.
TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging and Security
TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging is a secure platform where patients can communicate with members of their healthcare team and vice versa. TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging ensures protection of your privacy. To protect information communicated via TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging, all members-patients, staff members, and providers – are required to register and enter a unique Log In name and Password to access and use TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging.
Only you and your healthcare team have access to your messages exchanged within TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging. Access to your TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging inbox can be limited to designated practice members. This flexibility ensures maximal cross-coverage and confidentiality.
Security maintenance and administration are essential elements of TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging operation and maintenance. TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging utilizes several levels of security to protect the personal identifiable information of registered users. A secure connection is established with the browser to ensure that your personal information is encrypted or coded for transmission and storage. In addition, TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging is in compliance with the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) (Pub. L. 104-191, Aug 21, 1996,110 Stat. 1936).
Benefits of TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging
There are many benefits to using Secure Messaging. These benefits include:
- Getting written advice that might be forgotten or misunderstood if communicated verbally.
- Avoiding the annoyance of waiting in phone trees and playing "telephone tag."
- Close monitoring of health issues through confidential online communications without the inconveniences of traffic, parking, or lost days at work.
- Getting attention and direct contact with your healthcare team for non-urgent matters.
- Requesting medication refills, or lab, radiology, and medical test results.
- Requesting to arrange lab, radiology, medical tests, or appointments
- Obtaining patient education through a web-based application that gives you access to an extensive library reviewed by board-certified healthcare professionals from leading health institutions in the U.S.
Enrolling in TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging
Don't delay! Enroll in Secure Messaging today! One TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging enrollee said it is, "empowering to be able to communicate via the Internet about routine health issues - and can very well prevent visits to the clinic..."
Registration can be completed by a face-to-face process, e-registration with a CAC card, or by Six-Point telephone verification to ensure security of patient health information. Enrollment can be initiated at the MTF. All you need to do is show your military identification card and provide some basic information such as your name, social security number, birthday and e-mail address. You will then receive an email to finish your enrollment. Responding to the e-mail is a very important step. You can even do this on a Smart Phone! You must complete the registration process by following the e-mail instructions. Once you have accomplished this you are ready to start messaging with your care team.
The future of military health has arrived and AFMS patients can be part of it!
Take command of your healthcare, register for TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging today.